SUMMEM: learn and live aims to expand the didactic scenarios in the application of the curriculum, implementing a space that enables interdisciplinarity. At the same time, it must allow and facilitate the design of a structure that ensures cooperative interaction in a group as an environment for competency learning and that facilitates the inclusion of all students.
Within this desire of updating and renewal can be positioned the SUMMEM: learn and live program which we can specify with the following three main lines:
- Implement a new distribution of space and time in the curricular organization in the different stages, which allows interdisciplinary work.
- Pedagogically base the implementation of the curriculum in the different stages, to ensure the application of the Methodological Style of the Pious Schools of Catalonia and the work by competences.
- Ensure the inclusive nature of the didactic proposal, through cooperative learning.
These broad lines are specified in the following 10 objectives:
- Putting into practice and / or working together, in a real context, on the background of the various areas of knowledge.
- Help the students to detect interesting and real problems, and to look for solutions.
- Learn, from local experiences, to transfer it to global and general situations.
- Help transfer knowledge, to be able to apply them in different contexts and in a constantly changing world.
- Understand the world better and want and be able to act on it.
- Situate, definitively and clearly, the competences (also those related to personal, emotional and ethical growth) at the center of learning and evaluation.
- Connect with the experiences of the students and give the learning a useful and practical character.
- Guarantee the progress of each and every one of the students, with their own characteristics and learning styles.
- Encourage cooperative learning among students; In order to learn better and at the same time learn to cooperate, to assume individual responsibilities, to help others and to work as a team.
- Ensure work and individual learning, initiative and entrepreneurial spirit.
These objectives are specified in an adaptable organizational proposal for the different stages, and in a pedagogical conceptualization that bases the educational proposal of the interdisciplinary work.
We understand the renovation, the SUMMEM, as a means to make a school more and more inclusive, more welcoming, more human, more coherent with what our mission is:
“Educate children and young people, to help them grow as free and autonomous people who, critically, can live in community and feel committed to building a more just, sustainable and peaceful world.”